To view our general application see: SynCity Boxers and French Bulldog
Guardian Home Program
What is a guardian home?
A guardian home is an understanding between a family and a breeder wherein a puppy that we have held back for our breeding program lives its life with the loving family in their home. This ensures that all of our dogs get the individual attention and socialization they need to be healthy, happy, well adjusted dogs.
We invite eligible families to fill out the Guardian Home Application. Our goal is placing a puppy with an approved, loving family with that family being open and accommodating in making the puppy available for breeding purposes. Aside from the breeding arrangement, the puppy will be, in all other aspects, the Guardian family’s dog.
The Guardian family is responsible for routine veterinary care of the puppy (e.g. vaccines, food, grooming, heart worm prevention, training, etc.) and any emergency veterinary care that it not congenital. Any breeding related costs are covered by Syn City (us) which can include breeding-related health testing. The contract length is generally between 2 and 5 years depending on the breed. The puppy will belong to Syn City Boxers and French Bulldogs until the breeding arrangement is fulfilled. At that time, the dog will be altered and ownership will be permanently transferred to the Guardian family.
How much does it cost?
The cost of a Guardian Home puppy is a deposit of $300 for boxers and $500 for french bulldogs that is refunded at first breeding. We charge a deposit in order to ensure our guardian families are committed to our program and our dogs.
How does it work?
Our Guardian family adopt the puppy at 8-12 weeks and the puppy will live in your forever home. During the first two years we will complete breeding-related health tests on the puppy (at our cost) to ensure the puppy is eligible for breeding. We keep regular contact with our Guardian homes via phone, texting, and/or social media. We also require two to three visits per year, to our home kennel to ensure the puppy is familiar and comfortable with us and our property.
Why is being a Guardian Home advantageous for your family?
We offer our Guardian Family puppies free as those families are helping us provide a happy, loving home for our dogs.
Who is eligible for our Guardian Home program?
In order to be eligible for the Program:
- Boxer puppy homes must live within 2 hours of either Prince George or Kamloops, BC. French Bulldog puppies must live within 2 hours of Prince George.
- Guardian Family must not relocate to a distance greater than 200km from us. (and notify us if you move)
- Guardian home must have a fully fenced yard.
- Guardian family must be willing to travel to our home for breeding when needed. This is non-negotiable.
- Guardian Family must be willing to visit us 2-3 times per year.
- Guardian Family must be willing to have us visit their home at least 2-3 times per year.
- Guardian Family must be willing to have an open line of communication with us and respond to any communication efforts in a reasonable amount of time.
- Guardian Family must agree to provide a healthy, loving environment for the puppy.
- Guardian Family must be flexible! We are looking for families that are easy to get along with and want to be a part of the Syn City family.
If you think that your family would be a good match please fill out the following application: Guardian Home Application